Terms of Service
II. Conditions Governing All Users
– The Service is available only to Users who are human (not bots, except for certain authorized API users) and 13 years of age or older, and Users who are also Subscribers must be at least 18 years old.
– The Service is available only to Users who submit truthful and accurate information about themselves and maintain the accuracy of such information.
– The Service is available only to Users who do not impersonate any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent their identity in a profile or elsewhere on the Site.
– The Service is available only to those with a valid email address.
– The Service is available only to those who agree not to authorize others to use their account, profile, or messages.
– Users agree to inform BackerSpring immediately upon learning of a security breach that relates to their account or a third party’s improper use of the Service in connection with their account.
– Users agree that portions of the Site and Service are publicly available or available to other Users and may be accessible by syndication programs (including data feed tools), search engines, metasearch tools, crawlers, metacrawlers and other similar programs.
III. Conditions Governing Subscribers
For purposes of this Agreement, a User who pays for any portion of the Site or Service shall be referred to as a “Subscriber”. As a Subscriber, you must agree to the payment terms presented to you at the time you sign up on the Site. Subscribers are responsible for taking action prior to renewal if you do not want your subscription to renew automatically. You are responsible to ensure that the credit card associated with your account or subscription is up to date, that information posted in connection with it is accurate, and that you are authorized to use it. If the Company cannot charge your credit card, we may cancel your subscription.
BackerSpring provides a refund only up to 48 business hours after your payment has been made, provided that no work on your package has been performed. It does not provide refunds after this date, and it does not provide refunds if your project does not get any press coverage as a result of our service.
V. Trademarks; Copyrights; Proprietary Rights
BackerSpring owns the visual interfaces, interactive features, graphics, design, compilation, computer code, products, software, and all other elements and components of the Site (“BackerSpring Content”). BackerSpring also owns the copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade names and other intellectual property and proprietary rights throughout the world associated with the BackerSpring Content, the Site and Service, which are protected by applicable intellectual and proprietary rights and laws. Users may not modify, reproduce, distribute, create derivative works or adaptations of, publicly display or in any way exploit any of the BackerSpring Content in whole or in part except as expressly authorized in writing by BackerSpring. BackerSpring does not grant any express or implied rights in BackerSpring Content to Users, and all rights in and to the Site and to BackerSpring’s Content are retained and reserved by BackerSpring.
VI. Forum and Jurisdiction
This Agreement is governed by the laws of the State of Connecticut, U.S.A., without regard to its conflict of law provisions. All disputes related to or arising from this Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state courts located in Westport, Connecticut; to which jurisdiction and venue you and BackerSpring each irrevocably consent.